Two distinct legal entities operate under the Apax Partners brand, with no ownership relationship between them:
- Apax Partners SAS, managing the French funds
- Apax Partners LLP which manages the international funds.
Apax Partners SAS
Apax Partners SAS is a major private equity company in Continental Europe. Based in Paris and headed by Eddie Misrahi, the company has a team of around 30 investment professionals organized by sector.
- Apax Partners SAS is the management company of the Apax France VIII fund raised in 2011 (€704m), Apax France IX raised in 2016 (€1.030bn) and Apax Development (€255m), new fund dedicated to small caps in France. Apax Partners SAS is currently raising the Apax France X fund (target: €1.2bn).
- The funds managed and advised by Apax Partners SAS total approximately €4bn. They finance the long-term growth of mid-sized companies (€100m to €500m in enterprise value) as well as small-sized companies (€50m to €100m) in Continental Europe.
For more information visit: www.apax.fr
Apax Partners LLP
London-headquartered Apax Partners LLP is a leading global private equity advisory firm. The company invests in Europe (outside France), North America and the main emerging countries (mainly China and India).
- The firm has a team of around 120 investment professionals spread globally across seven offices (London, New York, Munich, Tel-Aviv, Mumbai, Shanghai and Hong Kong).
- Apax Partners LLP has raised and advised funds with aggregate commitments of over $50bn. They finance the long-term growth of large companies with a value between €500m and €3bn. The most recently-raised funds are Apax VIII LP in 2013 (€7,5bn), Apax IX LP in 2016 ($9bn) and Apax Digital in 2017 (a €1,1bn fund targeting worldwide investments in technology companies). Apax Partners LLP is currently raising the Apax X LP fund (target: $10.5bn).
For more information visit: www.apax.com
Because of their common history, Apax Partners SAS and Apax Partners LLP share a strategy based on financing growth and specialising by sector, while positioning themselves on markets that complement each other in terms of geography and company size.
These two companies have signed the PRI (Principes for Responsible Investment) in 2011, committing themselves to integrate responsible criteria in their management and investment policy.