Altamir was founded in 1995 to enable all investors to gain access via the stock market to private equity, one of the best-performing asset classes over the long term.
- 2018: Amboise SAS (a company 100% held by Maurice Tchenio) successfully completes its take-over bid on Altamir, and holds 65% of its capital.
- 2018: Change in the investment strategy which, as of 2018, takes the concrete form of a subscription in the Apax Development and Apax Digital funds.
- 2019: Asset allocation over 2020/2023:
- €530m (€350m and €180m respectively) to be allocated in the Funds X currently being raised by Apax Partners SAS and Apax Partners LLP
- €200m package for co-investments and strategic investments.