Altamir was founded in 1995 to enable all investors to gain access via the stock market to Private Equity, one of the best-performing asset classes over the long term.
- 2018: Amboise SAS (a company 100% held by Maurice Tchenio) successfully completes its take-over bid on Altamir, and holds 65% of its capital.
- 2018: Change in the investment strategy which, as of 2018, takes the concrete form of a subscription in the Apax Development and Apax Digital funds.
- 2019: Asset allocation over 2020/2023:
- €530m (€350m and €180m respectively) to be allocated in the Funds X currently being raised by Apax Partners SAS (renamed Seven2) and Apax Partners LLP
- €200m package for co-investments and strategic investments.
- First direct investment, with the acquisition of all the shares of the THOM‘s holding company, together with the management team and new shareholders. Altamir becomes the lead shareholder of the company.
- In order to expand the exposure to North America and the rest of the world (notably Asia): 90m€ allocated over three years (of which €30m in 2021 and €30m in 2022) to vintage funds named Altaroc Global. For more information (in French) visit: www.altaroc.pe.