1) Commitment to hold shares and reinvest dividends
To benefit from the special tax treatment applicable to SCRs (Article 163 quinquies of the French Tax Code), i.e. exemption from tax on dividends and on capital gains from the sale of shares (excl. social security levies of 15.5%), the shareholder must commit to holding the shares for five years and to reinvesting the dividends until the end of that holding period.
The link below (Document 1) will take you to a commitment letter that you will need to fill out and send to:
- Altamir immediately after upon acquisition of the shares;
- your local tax office when you file your income tax return (or keep with your records if you file your return on line).
2) Reinvestment of dividends
During these five years, dividends may be reinvested a) through the purchase of Altamir shares or b) through deposit into an interest-bearing shareholder loan account held in escrow.
In either case, you must:
- send us the form below (Document 2) specifying how you will reinvest the dividends;
- send a copy of the form to your local tax office when you file your income tax return or keep a copy with your records if you file your return on line;
- send a third copy of this letter to your financial intermediary.