Apax Partners SAS and Apax Partners LLP signed the PRI (Principles of Responsible Investing) in 2011, committing themselves to integrate the responsibility criteria into their management and investment policies (www.unpri.org).
The two companies have the dedicated means to deploy and manage their ESG action plans :
- Apax Partners SAS has a partner responsible for defining the ESG policy and an ESG manager to implement it
- Apax Partners LLP has a “Sustainability Committee”, and the portfolio companies have installed data collection software.
Apax Partners SAS and Apax Partners LLP integrate ESG criteria at every stage of the investment cycle:
- Before an acquisition, they conduct ESG due diligence to identify risks and opportunities to create value;
- Throughout the investment period, they create a road map and implement ESG reporting in order to measure the progress achieved throughout the term of the investment;
- Upon exit, they conduct due diligence so as to assign a value to the company’s ESG performance.
Since they are most often majority or lead shareholders across the funds they manage, the two companies have the ability to influence companies’ strategies, and can help them implement and deploy their ESG policies. In this way, Apax Partners SAS influences about 15 companies with more than 55,000 employees, and Apax Partners LLP about 40 companies with more than 150,000 employees.